Are you considering a degree in animation?
The animation career field can be a great opportunity for individuals who possess some artistic ability, have an interest in drawing, a willingness to learn computer software and a desire to work in a creative environment.
The typical daily work environment of today’s animator is completely different from the animator of year’s past. Computers, software and other technology have radically changed and sped up the animation creation process.
This short education resource may help you find out more about animation schools, college degree programs, individual classes, courses or other education that may train you for a career in animation.
Although some students go on to earn a bachelor’s degree, talented individuals with the hands-on training in the most-used industry software can usually earn a beginning position without having a four-year degree.
A computer animation education training program can be studied online or through a traditional walk-on campus.
If you haven’t enrolled in an online class before, you will be surprised how convenient and enjoyable they can be. But you will still have to study hard and and work at it in order to get a passing grade.
Just like any traditional campus school, you will need to do the reading, learn the material and complete the assignments in order to pass the class. But online coursework offers convenience and flexibility that campus-based schools don’t.
You will need to decide which approach and learning environment works best for you.
You can look through our collection of either traditional walk-on campuses or browse the growing list of popular online schools.
Just use your zip code and search for yourself to see what’s available:
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Media Arts and Animation (BFA)
- Graphic & Web Design (BFA)
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Computer Animation, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Digital Cinematography, Bachelor of Science
- And more...
- Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design and Media Arts with concentration in 3-D
- BA Graphic Design and Media Arts
- BA Game Art and Development
- And more...
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
At Baker College, you’ll have the opportunity to choose between an on campus education or an online education, depending on what works best for you and for your schedule. Our ground campuses are located across Michigan and one campus in Reading, Pennsylvania.
- Game Software Development - Bachelor