Are you considering a degree in animation?
The animation career field can be a great opportunity for individuals who possess some artistic ability, have an interest in drawing, a willingness to learn computer software and a desire to work in a creative environment.
The typical daily work environment of today’s animator is completely different from the animator of year’s past. Computers, software and other technology have radically changed and sped up the animation creation process.
This short education resource may help you find out more about animation schools, college degree programs, individual classes, courses or other education that may train you for a career in animation.
Although some students go on to earn a bachelor’s degree, talented individuals with the hands-on training in the most-used industry software can usually earn a beginning position without having a four-year degree.
A computer animation education training program can be studied online or through a traditional walk-on campus.
If you haven’t enrolled in an online class before, you will be surprised how convenient and enjoyable they can be. But you will still have to study hard and and work at it in order to get a passing grade.
Just like any traditional campus school, you will need to do the reading, learn the material and complete the assignments in order to pass the class. But online coursework offers convenience and flexibility that campus-based schools don’t.
You will need to decide which approach and learning environment works best for you.
You can look through our collection of either traditional walk-on campuses or browse the growing list of popular online schools.
Just use your zip code and search for yourself to see what’s available:
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Dedicated career services team that helps students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary
- Program Coordinators focus on improving program content and ensure that students have the resources they need
- Over 50 locations nationwide
- Graphic Design (AS)
- Digital Filmmaking & Video Production (BS)
- Game Art & Design (BFA)
- Video Game Design
- Computer Animation, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Digital Cinematography, Bachelor of Science
- And more...