Are you considering a degree in animation?
The animation career field can be a great opportunity for individuals who possess some artistic ability, have an interest in drawing, a willingness to learn computer software and a desire to work in a creative environment.
The typical daily work environment of today’s animator is completely different from the animator of year’s past. Computers, software and other technology have radically changed and sped up the animation creation process.
This short education resource may help you find out more about animation schools, college degree programs, individual classes, courses or other education that may train you for a career in animation.
Although some students go on to earn a bachelor’s degree, talented individuals with the hands-on training in the most-used industry software can usually earn a beginning position without having a four-year degree.
A computer animation education training program can be studied online or through a traditional walk-on campus.
If you haven’t enrolled in an online class before, you will be surprised how convenient and enjoyable they can be. But you will still have to study hard and and work at it in order to get a passing grade.
Just like any traditional campus school, you will need to do the reading, learn the material and complete the assignments in order to pass the class. But online coursework offers convenience and flexibility that campus-based schools don’t.
You will need to decide which approach and learning environment works best for you.
You can look through our collection of either traditional walk-on campuses or browse the growing list of popular online schools.
Just use your zip code and search for yourself to see what’s available:
Your creativity is a big part of who you are and where you're going. To take it, and your future, as far as you want, you need an education that's focused on developing your talents and putting you on the path toward the creative career that stirs your imagination.
- Media Arts and Animation (BFA)
- Visual Effects & Motion Graphics (BFA)
- Game Art & Design (BFA)
Get hands-on training with Remington College. We offer diploma and associate and bachelor's degree programs in business, criminal justice, culinary arts, health care, and cosmetology at our campuses in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Hawaii, Louisiana, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas — plus some courses are offered online.
- AAA in Digital Graphic Arts
- Bachelors in Visual Media & Graphic Design
- Associate of Science in Visual Media & Graphic Design
- Video Game Design
- Bachelor of Art in Computer Graphic Design
- Associate of Applied Science in Computer Graphic Design
- Computer Animation, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Digital Cinematography, Bachelor of Science
- And more...
- Character Animation for Games (C)
- 3D Modeling for Games (C)
- Graphic Design (BS)
- And more...
- Digital Arts and Computer Animation Associate Program
- Graphic Design
- Visual Communication Interactive/Web Specialization
- Visual Communications 2D Print
- And more...
No matter what occupation you choose to pursue, the competition for a good job is fierce. Lansdale School of Business (LSB) can help you stand out from the rest by teaching you the specific skills you need to succeed in the career you desire.
- Associate Degree-Computer Graphics and Design
- Diploma-Computer Graphics Specialist